- Earlybird registration for the TSID 2014 Conference has been extended to February 15, 2014.
- Registration now online for the TSID 2014 Conference
- Postponed... 2014 Cruise Event
- Information on requesting RID CEUs is available via TSID's website. Click the CEUs item in the menu.
Make a tax deductable donation:
- TSID's General Fund
- Don England Trust Fund
- Jonnie Duncan Student Scholarship Fund
- Fran Herrington-Borre Mentorship Program
Over 40 Years of Service
On November 16, 1963, 30 individuals (24 interpreters, 5 members of the deaf community, and one parent of a deaf child) from all over Texas signed the Charter which established the Texas Society of Interpreters for the Deaf. As the first professional organization of interpreters in the nation, TSID has been one of the leaders in this field. TSID is a non-profit organization established for the purpose of developing and strengthening the profession of interpreting in Texas.
The primary emphasis of TSID is the development, strengthening, and enhancement of a network of professional interpreters.
- To promote the development and expansion of quality interpreting services available to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing;
- To encourage the recruitment and training of professionals in interpreting for persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing;
- To promote the highest standards in interpreting for and communicating with persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing;
- To train and encourage those interested in learning to communicate with persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing;
- To offer a forum for professional interpreters for exchange of ideas, opinions, and information concerning interpreting;
- To offer meetings whereby members can learn, upgrade skills, and participate in group activities;
- To unitedly support legislative interests and concerns;
- To utilize the InterpreTexan as the vehicle for dissemination and exchange of information; update of events; legislative and national information; special announcements; information regarding the happenings, workshops, meetings, etc. of the local chapters of TSID, and RID.