Texas Society of Interpreters for the Deaf
2020 Business Meeting
July 11th, 1:00PM CST*
l need to use a laptop or desktop for the best Zoom experience; limited functionality on tablets, cell phone Zoom app, and extremely limited functionality over voice call.
1. If you would like to bring a motion to the meeting, please attend one or both Motions and Resolutions Committee Meetings prior to the business meeting in order to ensure the motion is valid and actionable on the business meeting floor.
*Thursday at 8:00PM CST
*Friday at 7:00PM CST
2. You must pre-register to attend the Business Meeting. This will ensure the credentialing committee has time to verify everyone’s voting privileges. You can pre-register here:
Pre-registration is to be completed by 8pm on Thursday, July 9th.
3. Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a link to join the meeting. Do not share this link as it is specific to you. Virtual check-in to the meeting will be from 1:00pm-1:20pm. During this time, you will be held in a virtual “waiting room” until the Credentialing Committee grants you entrance.
4. You will be able to vote on motions by answering “Polls” that will appear automatically on your screen. Interact with these polls to cast your official vote.
5. If you will be assigning your vote to a proxy, you must indicate so by filling out your proxy form. Link to this electronic form is forthcoming.
6. Non-members will be able to access the meeting via FaceBook Live and Youtube. They can comment and interact with us, but cannot vote from these platforms.
7. Results of all motions will be held until 3 business days after the meeting to provide time to validate votes, and will be announced to you via email message, with additional notifications published on our social media accounts. Nominees for leadership on the Board will be made aware of their results privately before an announcement is made to the general membership.
8. This meeting will be interpreted.
9. We will host a dry-run of the meeting on Friday, July 10th following at 6:00PM, if you would like to join. This session will allow members to get familiar with using zoom prior to the Business Meeting.
10. Contact your local chapter representative with any questions.
“TSID is committed to promoting the profession of interpreters serving DDDBDHH (DeafDisabled, DeafBlind, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing) and members of the community at large.”
- October 19 via Zoom, beginning at 9 am
- Join Zoom Meeting
- December 7, in person in Houston, beginning at 9 am. Exact location TBD
- February 22 via Zoom, beginning at 9 am
- April 4th via Zoom, beginning at 9 am
- May 30th via Zoom, beginning at 9 am
- Meeting ID: 854 4165 5071
- Password: 802660