“TSID is committed to promoting the profession of interpreters serving DDDBDHH (DeafDisabled, DeafBlind, Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing) and members of the community at large.”
The primary emphasis of TSID is the development, strengthening, and enhancement of a network of professional interpreters.
- To promote the development and expansion of quality interpreting services available to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing;
- To encourage the recruitment and training of professionals in interpreting for persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing;
- To promote the highest standards in interpreting for and communicating with persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing;
- To train and encourage those interested in learning to communicate with persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing;
- To offer a forum for professional interpreters for exchange of ideas, opinions, and information concerning interpreting;
- To offer meetings whereby members can learn, upgrade skills, and participate in group activities;
- To unitedly support legislative interests and concerns;
- To utilize the InterpreTexan as the vehicle for dissemination and exchange of information; update of events; legislative and national information; special announcements; information regarding the happenings, workshops, meetings, etc. of the local chapters of TSID, and RID.